The MIPREDET project – Analysis of procedures and conditions of minors’ pre-trial detention - aims to analyze the procedures and conditions in which an untried minor is deprived of liberty, to know the actual practice and the legal requirements, and how these influence such situation in Europe.
Specific objectives can be summarized as follows:
- Analyzing the procedures and conditions of minor’s pre-trial detention.
- Generating a mutual learning experience among the partners and stakeholders of the participant countries.
- Confirming at what extent the European Union regulations are being applied in relation to pre-trial detention, paying special attention to the new proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on procedural safeguards for children suspected or accused in criminal proceedings.
- Raising awareness on the importance of the conditions of minors when a pre-trial detention measure is applied.
- Offering a compendium of conclusions and recommendations as a result of the project.
|Financing Program||Execution Date||Global Budget|
|Criminal Justice Programme of the European Union JUST/2014/AG/6600||n/a||n/a|